Saturday, October 17, 2009

BLTAC






Last night my husband and I bought tickets for the 7:30 showing of Where the Wild Things Are (which I really enjoyed and he didn't like), but we didn't get home from work until after 6pm...our tummies were hungry but we didn't have much time so I threw together a BaconLettuceTomatoAvacadoCheese sandwich and some quick tomato soup on the side.

Cooked 4 pieces of turkey bacon on a skillet

Cut up tomato into thick slices

Cut up avacado into thick slices

Spinach leaves for the "L"

I had 2 Ciabiatinni's (cut in half with a piece of Muenster on one side of each) heating in a 350 degree oven while I made everything else.

Take bread out of oven and slather with Olive oil mayo, a dash of S&P and assemble: first bacon, then avacado, then tomato, then spinach.

1 can of tomato soup, added the same amount of chicken broth (instead of water) and a dash of 1/2 and 1/2. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of pepper.

No comments: