Friday, November 13, 2009

My Apologies




It's been a terribly long time since I've posted. There are several reasons for this, the main reason being that I haven't been cooking much due to an extremely erratic schedule. Also, we're having camera issues and now that I've started including pictures with my recipes I don't want to stop. As an act of penance and for your entertainment I have included a picture of me wearing a beekeepers suit (I'm not really a beekeeper. I kind of wish I was, but I'm not) and smiling like an idiot.
To prove my point that the food we've been eating is not blog worthy I will tell you the meals we have eaten for the last 5 nights:
-Taco salad
-Enchiladas
-Burritos (Mexican food, much?)
-Tuna salad with peas and rice
-Spaghetti and Salad

So there you have it, you've been missing out on absolutely nothing. Although, there is one thing that I baked in the last week that is post worthy: the most delicious chocolate chip cookies ever known to man.
The only thing I changed was adding 1/2 raw sugar to the amount of brown sugar (i.e., if it calls for 1 cup brown sugar add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup raw sugar)...trust me, this gives the cookies a seriously addicting crunch. Also, adding course sea salt was a great idea even if it seems weird at first.

Starting next week I will begin posting on a more regular basis and including higher quality photographs. This is my solemn vow.


(photo credit: Gina Binkley)

No comments: