Thursday, January 7, 2010

Juiced



As part of a new year's resolution (although I don't think we're calling it that since those are made to be broken) the husband and I have started to be more aware of the foods we put into our body on a daily basis. Realizing that we almost never get the recommended amount of vegetables a day, we thought juicing might be a good idea. And we were totally right! It's so easy to do and even the cleanup isn't bad if you get to it right away. Our favorite combination is 2 carrots, 2 celery sticks, 1/2 a beet, 1 apple and 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice. We've been using an OLD juicer lent to us by my parents, which I'll have to take a picture of because it's pretty amazing. 'Acme Supreme' is the brand, but if you're in the market for a newer model, I hear the Breville BJE200XL is pretty good. Juicing seems a little wasteful as a huge amount of pulp is left in the juicer, but it just...tastes...so...good.

No comments: